Geophysicist/ Physicist/ Data Scientist – Innovation in Microseismic processing (M/F) – OE-338
Géosciences O&G - Géothermie
Scope of work :
- Work on challenging geophysics problems
- Design, develop and test advanced processing techniques to improve operational workflows.
- Contribute to the evolution of all stages of microseismic processing workflow including data conditioning, noise suppression, data enhancement, data classification, data mining, pattern recognition, seismic imaging, and automatic reporting through a web platform. Notice that designing and implementing meaningful, automatic web reporting modules is fully part of the job.
- Conduct microseismic analysis, recognize issues, support the formulation of new and innovative methods to resolve problems, and ensure the delivery of quality results fitted to our clients.
- Execute internal or contracted development or processing projects to completion, up to the production phase, and report directly to clients when appropriate.
- Work with geoscientists and engineers to test, deliver and support various geophysical computational tools, models, algorithms, and software.
- MS and/or PhD in Geophysics, Electrical Engineering, Signal/Image Processing, Applied Mathematics, Data Science and Analytics.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in seismology or seismic data processing within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Demonstrated record of hands-on experience in innovative processing algorithms.
- Knowledge of (micro)seismic acquisition, detection/location techniques, digital signal processing, numerical modeling, inversion and optimization, as well as data science.
- Strong computational and algorithmic knowledge is required, along with experience in implementing processing approaches in high-performance and demanding environments (reliable near real time alert systems).
- Python proficiency
- Experience in scientific software development, and in development of web reporting applications is required.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of data mining, machine learning techniques.
Location : France
Contract : Permanent contract
Start Date : Asap
Languages: English & French fluent